Make an Impact
Each year, gifts to the Honors College Carolina Fund provide an immediate and important benefit to the school by funding undergraduate student scholarships, student study abroad, experiential learning opportunities, faculty and student research, and other strategic initiatives. Collectively, your gifts — of any amount and designation — are significant.
Join the Dean's Circle
You can leave your mark on the Honors College today. Donate online, choosing Colleges & Schools from the list of areas to support. Next, select South Carolina Honors College and Carolina Fund. Complete the remainder of the form with your pledge and personal information. You may also download the Dean's Circle brochure [pdf].
The Dean's Circle recognizes donors who annually (July 1-June 30) make gifts of $1,000 or more to the South Carolina Honors College. Your contribution to the Honors College may also qualify you for membership in one of the University's giving societies depending on the amount of your gift.
Members of the Dean's Circle will receive special recognition throughout the year, including:
- Your name appearing in the Dean's Circle Honor Roll in print and online
- Bi-annual emails from the Dean
- Subscription to AHA!
- Invitations to special events
Young Alumni Dean's Circle
The Honors College recognizes emerging philanthropists who earned their bachelor’s degree within the last 10 years. We offer a number of ways to give such as monthly or quarterly installments by check or credit card online. Young alumni who give at the following levels annually are eligible for membership in the Dean’s Circle.
|7-9 years since graduation||$750|
|5-6 years since graduation||$500|
|3-4 years since graduation||$250|
|1-2 years since graduation||$120|
University-wide recognition programs
To honor and acknowledge the generosity and support of your gifts, the university provides special recognition through a variety of cumulative, annual and gift planning societies.
- Alumni and friends who have made an annual gift for two or more consecutive years are given exclusive membership to the Carolina Circle. These generous donors are among our most loyal constituents and help ensure students past, present and future are given every opportunity to succeed both in and out of the classroom.
- President's Society members commit to giving $1,801 to $24,999 annually, benefiting scholarships, academic programs, faculty recruitment and classroom enhancements. Faculty and staff who give $1,000+ annually are also included in the President's Society.
- The Horseshoe Society honors donors who have made cumulative gifts of $100,000 or more.
- Carolina Guardian Society recognizes and honors donors of deferred gifts such as trusts, bequests, insurance policies and annuities to the university or one of its affiliated foundations.
Special Thanks and Gratitude
Special gratitude is extended to the Robert and Janice McNair Foundation for their substantial support of the McNair Scholars scholarship program and tothe Stamps Family Charitable Foundation for their substantial support of the Stamps Scholars program.
We are also pleased to announce that 100% of the Honors College staff has given back to the University through the Family Fund pledge drive for the eighth consecutive year!