HRTM 590 or RETL 592M-02
Tour Dates: May 14 - 23, 2018
Faculty Leaders: Dr. Sandy Strick and Karen Edwards
Discover first-hand the wine, culinary, fashion, and retail hubs of South America! This trip to Chile (Santiago and Valparaiso) and Buenos Aires, Argentina, will give you an insider’s view to some of the world’s best wineries, food markets, innovative fashion design houses, and retail venues. Visit the wineries of Chile, home to some of the finest vineyards in South America, and taste Carmeniere, a wine/varietal unique to only this region of the world.
Immerse yourself in the rich cultures of Chile and Argentina, as you gain an international perspective of the exciting hospitality and retailing industries.
- Tours and tastings at Cacsas del Bosque, Concha y Toro, and Underraga wineries
- Meetings with local designers in some of the world’s most colorful cities
- Behind-the-scenes tours of South American hotel and retail establishments
- Flight over the Andes Mountains from Santiago to Argentina’s capital city of Buenos Aires
- Guided city tours of Santiago and Buenos Aires, plus a visit to Valparaiso, known for its rich street art
- Guided tours of the highest quality fresh food markets in the region
- Visits to Cerro Santa Lucia, Plaza de Armas, National Cathedral and the Presidential Palace, "La Moneda"
- Group dinner with a Tango show
- And much more!
*Subject to change without notice
Student Fees: Summer semester tuition (3 credit hours) + $2,550 program fees
- First half ($1275) due December 1, 2017
- Second half ($1275) due March 2, 2018
- Airfare from Santiago to Buenos Aires
- Ground transportation in-country
- Hotel: Accommodations based on multiple occupancy
- Meals: Daily breakfast, welcome dinner in Santiago and farewell dinner in Buenos Aires
- Entry to all scheduled venues and events
Fees Do Not Include:
- Airfare from the U.S. to Santiago, Chile
- Airfare from Chile or Buenos Aires, Argentina, to the U.S.