SPTE 590 The Tournament Business
Tour Dates: May 10-15, 2018
Tour Leader: John Grady
Learn about the golf tournament business while attending THE PLAYERS Championship at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. Often called “the Fifth Major” in golf, we will have “behind the scenes” access to this tournament and speak with professionals from the PGA Tour. In the evening, spend time enjoying Jacksonville Beach while networking with local industry professionals.
In Charleston, learn how to work with sponsors to market professional tournaments. Find out about careers in athlete sponsorship and player representation from a golf sports agent. Tour the Volvo Cars Open tennis center and speak with the tournament manager about marketing and operations for a WTA marquee tennis event. Learn how to create unique fan experiences and plan special events from the Charleston Riverdogs. Speak with USC alumni about their career paths in this dynamic industry. This course is open to USC students from all majors. Space is limited for this tour.
Tuition for SPTE 590 + $800
- Transportation from Columbia
- 3-night hotel stay in Jacksonville
- PLAYERS Championship tickets for 2 days
- 2 night's hotel in Charleston’s Historic District
- Some meals
Course Credit: This is a 3-credit hour course.
Fees Payment Schedule:
- First payment* ($400) due November 15, 2017
- Second payment* ($400) due February 1, 2018
*Payments for this tour are non-refundable.
Tentatively confirmed stops include:
- Behind-the-scenes tour of
THE PLAYERS Championship
- Two days on-site at THE PLAYERS
- ShotLink Intelligence
- Everbank Field, home of the
- Volvo Cars Open Tennis Tournament (WTA)
- Empire Sports Management
- US Club Soccer & National
- Charleston Historic District & Beaches
For more information, contact:
Department of Sport and Entertainment Management