Are you currently a student in the SJMC but want to switch majors without our college?
Please go to the Student Services Office in the Carolina Coliseum, Room 4001 and we will help you make the change.
Are you currently a student at USC who is a major in another college or school, but want to become a student in the School of Journalism and Mass Communications?
- We are accepting new change of majors until October 1, 2014.
- First semester freshmen and transfers may not switch until fall 2014 grades have been posted.
- Students must have a 2.5 USC and cumulative GPA in order to switch to the SJMC.
- Bring your “Change of Major” form to Student Services in Room 4001 of the Carolina Coliseum between 8:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- You must attend an orientation to be advised.
Orientation sessions are scheduled for:
Aug. 21 - noon, CEO Room, Carolina Coliseum
Sept. 15 - noon- CEO Room, Carolina Coliseum
Sept 30 - 4 p.m. CEO Room, Carolina Coliseum
Oct 3. - noon, CEO Room, Carolina Coliseum
You must sign up for a session when you change your major in 4001 Carolina Coliseum.