Submitted materials, academic background and performance, work and volunteer experience and personal interview findings are all considered in the admissions process.
- Bachelor's degree
- GRE or MAT scores
- TOEFL scores (for international students)
- Two references
- Statement of intent that address why you want to pursue a career in rehabilitation counseling, relevant experience and plans for completing the program requirements
How to Apply
You can apply online at the USC Graduate School. Once they receive all your application materials, they'll forward it to us and we'll begin reviewing. We review applications all year.
After reviewing each application, we'll contact a limited number of potential students for an interview.
How We Rank Applications
- Undergraduate GPA and GRE/MAT scores
- Relevant experience
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal attributes we learn about you through the interview process
When You'll be Notified
You will be notified 2-3 weeks after we complete the interview process.
In certain cases, you will be allowed to enter the program as a non-degree seeking student.
- Qualified employees of supporting agencies (e.g., Vocational Rehabilitation and Department of Mental Health), who are upgrading their skills under agency sponsorship or recommendation.
- Persons who are licensed/certified counselors pursuing continuing education credits to maintain their credentials.
- Master’s program applicants whose academic qualifications fall below the expected level but possess the outstanding qualifications that indicate potential to make a unique contribution to the field. Eligibility will be determined only after the application review process has been completed. Admission under non-degree status will be granted for one semester of full-time (9-12 credit hours) with program coursework approved by the faculty. If the student obtains a B grade or higher in all required courses, he or she will be recommended for degree program admission.
Applications for Non-Degree Seeking Students
There is a separate application on the USC Graduate School for non-degree seeking students.
If we decline your application, you can request that your application be reconsidered for admission or considered for admission to another graduate program without resubmitting your credentials. You will need to submit a completed Request for Change of Status form, which can be found on the USC Graduate School website and a $15 fee.