Media Cybernetics Image Pro Plus and Molecular Devices Metamorph
Image Pro Plus and Metamorph are powerful 2D and 3D analysis and measurement packages.
- Image capture via several media including microscoped and digitizing tablets
- Image enhancement, analysis, filtering and annotation
- Fast Fourier Transforms (FFT)
- Object counting, tracking and measurements
- Fluorescent look up tables and overlays
- Image database applications
The primary computer for Image Analysis is located in the Basement Lab of Building 1 in the computer workstation area.
John Fuseler and Jeff Davis
AMIRA (Mercury Computer Systems)
AMIRA is a state-of-the-art 3D visualization package that can be used for displaying very large data sets at interactive speed. Processing of 3D image data is supported by automatic interactive segmentation tools. Novel, fast, and robust reconstruction algorithms make it easy to create polygonal models from segmented objects.
- Supports most standard file formats including ACR-NEMA/DICOM, TIFF, PPM, JPEG, binary raw data, VRML, PLY, Fluent/UNS, and AVS
- Visualization of 3D image data sets such as CT, MR, confocal and electron microscopy tomographic volumes
- Automatic and interactive segmentation of data
- Generation of 3D surface and tetrahedral models
- Intersection-free surface simplificaion and editing
- Computation of iso-surfaces and direct volume rendering
- Interactive and automatic registration and alignment
- Intuitive 3D transformation editor
- Multiple coordinate systems
- Advanced vector field visualization algorithms
- Support of curvilinear and unstructured tetrahedral grids
- Scripting facilities via a Tcl-command interface
The primary workstation for Image Analysis is located in the Building1 Basement Lab of the IRF in the computer area.
DAKO Automated Cellular Imaging System (ACIS) III
An automated microscopy and advanced computerized image analysis system designed to assist investigators in rapid, precise analysis of multiple tissue specimens. The system performs a quantitative comparison of immunohistochemical and other stains and eliminates user variability in these analyses.
- Slide autoloader capable of handling up to 100 1X3 standard microscope slides for hands free scanning
- 23X50mm scanning region for each slide - scan speed for 15X15mm region at 10X is approximately 9 minutes
- 4X, 10X, 20X, 40X and 60X objectives for acquisition of images at various magnifications
- Automatic tissue finding and focus
- FDA 510(k) approved for HER2 neu protein on membranes of breast tumor cells, estrogen receptor (ER) and progesterone receptor (PR) positive cells
- High throughput screening of tissue samples for research applications, drug discovery, pre-clinical trials, manufacturing
- Quantitation of immunohistochemistry for membrane, nuclear and cytoplasmic stains
- Quantitation of microvessel density
- Rare event detection in tissue and cytospin applications
- Analysis of DNA Ploidy
- DNA index of tumor and other cells in comparison to control samples
The ACIS III is located in Building 1 Room B60.
Sharon Cooper or John Fuseler