Policies & Handbook
2018-2019 Academic Calendar
Student Success Resources
USCSOMG students can request a near peer tutor through Canvas.
- One-on-one tutoring is designed to fill the knowledge gaps and areas of weakness identified by M1, M2 and M3 medical students.
- It is the responsibility of the students to identify areas of weakness or areas of desired growth, follow through with the tutor request form, and bring questions and topics to discuss with the tutor.
- One-on-one tutoring may be required after meeting with the course directors, academic
advisors or as a recommendation by the SEPC committee.
Small Group Tutoring
- Small group tutoring will address areas of particular complexity as determined by module faculty or as requested by the students.
- Small group sessions include regular formative review sessions and group sessions
assigned via requests of a common topic.
Workshops and Large Group Sessions
- NBME Step 1 workshops will be open to the entire M1 and M2 classes and will be held at regularly scheduled times. These sessions will consist of review of expansive or complex topics as well as case reviews facilitated by peer-created study guides. NBME practice exams will also be used to identify the class’s weakest areas and provide specific workshops in those areas.
- Prior to major summative exams, group review sessions will take place to review the major concepts of a particular module.
- Sessions will be led by qualified senior students who passed the tutor selection criteria.
Counseling and Psychological Services