Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) Scholarship
The IMA Scholarship is awarded to full-time students with a class rank of junior or senior and an accounting major. The student must have an overall GPA of 3.0. A copy of their unofficial transcript should be submitted with the scholarship application.
Applications for the IMA Scholarship must be received by 5:00 pm on February 23, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
J.T. Brittingham, Sr. Scholarship/Fellowship
Students who apply for the J.T. Brittingham, Sr. Scholarship/Fellowship should be an accounting major (undergrad or grad) with a GPA of 3.0 or highter. They shoud have an expressed interest in a career in public accounting, particularly in a local or regional firm. They should be interested in a long-term residency in the state of South Carolina and have demonstrated an engagement in extra-curricular activities and a commitment to community service. Candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor
- Special skills and talents
- Familiarity and connection to the Midlands of South Carolina (i.e., Lexington, Richland, Calhoun, Fairfield, Kershaw, Orangeburg, Saluda and Sumter Counties)
Applications [pdf] must be postmarked by March 2, 2018.
Additional Scholarship Resources
There are a variety of scholarships available to accounting students, recommended by the South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants, each with their own sets of criteria. Please click on the scholarship titles below for details of each.
- American Accounting Association
- AICPA Fellowship for Minority Doctoral Students
- AICPA Scholarships for Minority Accounting Students
- Accounting & Financial Women's Alliance
- American Women's Society of CPAs
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- John L. Carey Scholarship (AICPA)
- The Educational Foundation for Women in Accounting
- National Society of Accountants