The William F. Putnam Scholarship
The William F. Putnam Scholarships are available to student who have completed ACCT 225 as of May 5, 2017 but have not yet started ACCT 401. They should be a full-time undergraduate students who has declared or intends to declare accounting as their major and holds and maintains a 3.5 overall GPA.
The deadline for applications [pdf] is April 21, 2017.
If you have questions, please contact the director of the School of Accounting Scholarship Committee, Natalia Scott, at 803-777-2686.
The Margaret N. & Irvine T. Welling, Jr. Scholarship
The Margaret N. & Irvine T. Welling, Jr. Scholarship was established by the Wellings and is being administered by the Darla Moore School of Business and the Elliott Davis Decosimo Greenville Office.
Applicants should be undergraduate accounting majors with a solid academic record. Preference is given to South Carolina residents. The deadline for applications [pdf] is April 21, 2017.
If you have questions, please contact the director of the School of Accounting Scholarship
Committee, Natalia Scott, at 803-777-2686.
Institute of Internal Auditors - Palmetto Chapter Scholarship
The Palmetto Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors is sponsoring a scholarship to assist undergraduate or graduate students seeking a business or IT degree and interested in an auditing career. This scholarship is a semester award of $1,000 for the 2017-2018 academic year, for a total of $2,000.
The selected recipient will have the opportunity to work with the local IIA Palmetto Chapter to develop an on-campus outreach to business students. This will provide valuable work experience and networking opportunities with current internal audit professionals.
The South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants has a variety of scholarships that can be applied for with only one application.
If you are:
- a South Carolina resident
- a rising junior or senior majoring in accounting (or Master's Degree student) at a South Carolina college or university
- hold a GPA of no less than 3.25 overall (on a 4.0 scale)
- hold a GPA in accounting no less than 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
then you are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Go to the SCACPA Scholarship Program page and download the scholarship applications Applications are due June 1, 2017.
Additional Scholarship Resources
There are a variety of scholarships available to accounting students, recommended by the South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants, each with their own sets of criteria. Please click on the scholarship titles below for details of each.
- American Accounting Association
- AICPA Fellowship for Minority Doctoral Students
- AICPA Scholarships for Minority Accounting Students
- Accounting & Financial Women's Alliance
- American Women's Society of CPAs
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- John L. Carey Scholarship (AICPA)
- The Educational Foundation for Women in Accounting
- National Society of Accountants