|Title:||Business Partnership Foundation Research Fellow
Associate Professor of Marketing
|Department:||Department of Marketing
Darla Moore School of Business
|Office:||Darla Moore School of Business, Room 494|
|Resources:||Curriculum Vitae [pdf]|
Ram Janakiraman is currently an associate professor of marketing and a Business Partnership Foundation Research Fellow at the Darla Moore School of Business. Janakiraman has a Ph.D. in Business Administration (Marketing) from the Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles.
Janakiraman's teaching interests lie in the intersection of quantitative techniques and marketing applications such as marketing analytics, database marketing, pricing analytics and marketing research. Janakiraman currently teaches graduate level courses of marketing analytics and pricing and data intelligence. Prior to joining USC, Janakiraman was on the faculty at the Mays Business School at Texas A&M University.
Professional website: Business Analytics Lens
Janakiraman's research interests are primarily in the domain of econometric modeling of firm and consumer decision-making. His research encompasses digital marketing, multichannel retailing, social media marketing analytics, big data issues, health care and public policy. His research is forthcoming or has appeared in journals such as Marketing Science, Management Science, Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Information System Research, Journal of Consumer Psychology, Decision Sciences, Journal of Management and Annals of Family Medicine.
His research interests include consumer learning/structural models, applied econometric models, social and digital media, multichannel marketing, big data issues and health/health care marketing.
- Ramkumar Janakiraman, Joon Ho Lim and Rishika Rishika, "The Effect of Data Breach Announcement on Customer Behavior: Evidence from a Multichannel Retailer," (forthcoming), Journal of Marketing.
- Park, Eunho, Rishika Rishika, Ramkumar Janakiraman, Mark Houston, and Byungjoon Yoo, "Social Dollars in Online Communities: The Effect of Product, User and Network Characteristics,"(forthcoming), Journal of Marketing.
- Zhen, Wen, Senarath Dharmasena, Oral Capps, Jr. and Ramkumar Janakiraman "Consumer Demand for and Effects of Tax on Sparkling and Non-Sparkling Bottled Water in the United States," (forthcoming), Journal of Agribusiness in Developing and Emerging Economies.
- Li, Hengyun, Ziqiong Zhang, Fang Meng and Ramkumar Janakiraman, "Is evaluation of consumer online reviews socially embedded?--An examination combining reviewers' social network and social identity," International Journal of Hospitality Management, 67 (2017), 143-153.
- Mukherji, Prokriti, Ramkumar Janakiraman, Shantanu Dutta and Surendra Rajiv (2017), "How Direct-to-Consumer Advertising for Prescription Drugs Affects Consumers' Welfare: A Natural Experiment Tests the Impact of FDA Legislation," Journal of Advertising Research, 57 (1), 94-108.
- Kumar, Ashish, Rishika Rishika, Ram Bezawada, Ramkumar Janakiraman and P.K. Kannan, "From Social to Sale: The Effects of Firm Generated Content in Social Media on Customer Behavior," (2016), Journal of Marketing, 80 (1), 7-25.
- Substantive: Digital/Social Media, Multichannel Marketing Innovation, Big Data in Marketing, Retailing, Health/Health Care Marketing, Marketing and Public Policy
- Methodological: Structural Learning models, Consumer choice models, Applied econometrics
- Marketing Analytics, Pricing Analytics, Consumer Relationship Management, Marketing Research, Database Marketing, Doctoral seminars in Marketing
- Ph.D. in Business Administration, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, 2006
- M.S. in Materials Science and Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
- B. Tech in Metallurgical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU)