2015 Double Reed Day
November 14, 2015
9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
S.C. Double Reed Day at USC takes place every other year.
Activities and classes for beginning, intermediate and advanced reed players ensure a day full of great learning, listening and playing experiences.
School of Music faculty members host the event, which culminates with a double reed ensemble performance by all participants.
The day's activities include:
- A recital by Prof. Nagel and Prof. Harley
- Master classes for oboists and bassoonists of all levels
- Informance of early double reed instruments by John Burns: hear and try shawms, dulcians, crumhorns, and more!
- Double reed ensemble concert of all participants
- Woodwind repair specialist Rob Bulgozdy of Pecknel Music will be available for free instrument adjustments, minor repairs, and major repair consultation. A limited number of appointments are available.
- Vendors include Midwest Musical Instruments, Musical Innovations, Miller Marketing
$35 registration covers all activities and lunch. Parents may attend for free.
The School of Music building is located at 813 Assembly Street, Columbia, S.C. 29208. Directions to USC and parking information.