This 18-credit program blends course work from the School of Music and other programs in the university. By incorporating team projects, real-world experiences, case studies, internships, local partnerships and practical life lessons, you'll get more than just a taste of what it is to be an entrepreneur; you will begin forging your career while still in college.
The Music Entrepreneurship Minor is open to all music majors. Nonmusic students may enroll in this minor with approval from the director of music entrepreneurship.
- Entrepreneurship in Music (MUSC 580)
- Music and Money (MUSC 582)
- Music Leadership Practicum (MUSC 591)
Three elective courses with at least one offered outside the School of Music:
- The 21st-Century Performer (MUSC 592)
- Arts Marketing (MUSC 593)
- Introduction to Economics (ECON 224)
- Principles of Marketing (MKTP 350)
- Introduction to Live Entertainment Management (SPTE 202)
- Entertainment and the Law (SPTE 402)
- Principles of Management (MGMT 371)