SAVVY accepts a diverse mosaic of 75 participants consisting of performing and visual artists, arts administrators and arts educators.
Why should YOU get SAVVY?
Some individuals attend SAVVY with hopes of turbocharging their career. Others come to develop strategies for making their home organization more effective. Still others wish to experience our unique brand of entrepreneurship pedagogy. All share the desire to positively impact a complex and quickly changing world.
What makes a strong SAVVY candidate?
Good SAVVY candidates meet this criteria:
- Involved with the arts - Performing and visual art makers, arts administrators, and arts educators (all genres).
- Superpower - Dynamic, driven, positive, committed, collaborative individuals. Our application asks about your most significant superpower, as we seek to build a remarkable community devoted to expanding the impact of the arts.
- Desire for Growth - If you already know all the answers, SAVVY is not for you. We seek open-minded candidates eager to develop new skills and perspectives. Our event helps participants increase impact, income, innovation, community, collaboration, entrepreneurship, planning and problem solving skills. If there are gaps in your background, be forewarned – you will learn!
Who will be there?
An essential SAVVY ingredient is our commitment to assembling a notably diverse mosaic of participants. Our alumni enthusiastically insist that this experience changes their vision for 21st-century success. It also results in a rich network that offers future support and friendship.
The varied makeup of our community becomes a powerful asset in the search for fresh success solutions. It unleashes a creative energy unachievable with homogenous groups.
- Artistic disciplines - Music, dance, theatre, puppetry, circus, visual arts, media arts, creative writing – we’ve even had mimes.
- Backgrounds - SAVVY is truly a melting pot, celebrating diversity on every level, from emerging artists to established professionals to students to educators to arts administrators. We find that each group brings a unique and valuable perspective.
- Institutions - Representing orchestras, performing arts troupes, museums, universities, for-profit arts ventures, educational programs, freelance careers, etc.
- Ages - Past participants have ranged from age 18-70.
- Geographies - Alumni from our first five seasons represent almost every U.S. state and five continents.
How does SAVVY select participants?
In addition to identifying spectacular individuals who will benefit most from our
program while significantly enhancing the SAVVY community, we also carefully curate
participants to ensure the kind of dynamic diversity outlined above.
We encourage applications through our exciting new SAVVY Partnership in Action (SPA) program.