Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Scholarship Fund
Awarded to students in the ACNP program with preference given to those with a 3.5 GPA on at least 12 hours or an entering student with an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
Carol R. Collison-Alpha Xi Scholarship
Awarded to a graduate nursing student with preference given to a student in the community mental health and psychiatric nursing major and with work experience in psychiatric nursing prior to graduate study
Cockcroft Fellowship Leadership Development Program
A program to prepare nurses for leadership in the 21st century.
Leadership Fellowship Applicants must:
- be enrolled in a graduate program within the College of Nursing
- have completed at least 15 graduate hours
- have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- demonstrate characteristics of an emerging nurse leader as evidenced by acceptance into the Amy V. Cockcroft Leadership Program
Dean's Doctoral Fellowship Award
These merit-based fellowships will be awarded annually to 1-3 newly admitted full-time PhD students beginning in Fall 2013. The Dean's Doctoral Fellowship provides up to $15,000 per year for tuition and fees, plus a stipend, for a maximum of two years.
- Commit to full-time study (9 credits in both Fall and Spring terms) and to completing the PhD core requirement in two years
- Serve as a Graduate Research Assistant with a funded faculty member for 20 hours per
week in the Fall and Spring terms, in exchange for a stipend
Renewal for second year support will require satisfactory academic progression, faculty recommendation, and application for an external fellowship with the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), or similar funding agency.
Dean's PhD Scholarship Award
Annual Scholarships will be awarded to 1-3 newly admitted PhD students. The Dean's PhD Scholarship provides up to $15,000 for tuition and fees for a maximum of two years.
- Agree to work as a Graduate Research Assistant for a funded faculty member or teaching assistant in a graduate course for a minimum of 30 hours per semester
- Preference will be given to full-time students, but part-time students will also be considered. Awards granted annually, with the opportunity to reapply for a second year
Gaston County Home Health Agency Scholarship Fund
Awarded to a student in or entering an M.S.N. or a doctoral program who is in good standing
George H. Deiter and Molly E. Royem Fellowship
Awarded to a graduate student enrolled in the psychiatric community mental health nursing major or in another graduate major if no one from the psych major applies or is eligible. Preference shall be given to a student doing research on alcohol and substance abuse
Judith and Alan Alexander Endowment Fellowship Fund
Awarded to any worthy graduate student
Loomis-Wood Doctoral Fellowship
Awarded to a worthy doctoral student in nursing science
Mackey-Wanska Finnish Family Women's Health Endowed Fellowship Fund
To provide support for a graduate student enrolled in the College of Nursing whose research or practice is dedicated to women's health
Martha M. Bradley Nursing Scholarship Fund
For a worthy graduate student
Myrtle Irene Brown Fellowship
Awarded to nurses pursuing advanced degrees in nursing, preferably doctoral study
Nursing Faculty Doctoral Fellowships
Fellowships for 2 full-time PhD students will be available in the 2013-2014 academic year. These awards are for PhD students interested in pursuing a program of research aligned with College of Nursing core research emphasis areas in Health Disparities and Health Systems. Full or partial tuition support and a stipend will be available for one year. Applicants must agree to work as a Graduate Research Assistant for 10-20 hours with a funded Faculty Research Mentor.
Opal F. Brown Bicentennial Fellowship Fund
This scholarship will be awarded to a talented, full-time graduate student to be named the Opal F. Brown Scholar