Annual Report Highlights
September 1st, 2015 – August 31st, 2016
In the second year of the Cancer Survivorship Center, core faculty completed many research initiatives and a wide range of successes for the South Carolina community. The Research Forum series continues to be a regular event for engaging the community with enlightening research. Along with the success of the forum, our center has been involved in numerous publications in the form of books, manuscripts, and research articles. Furthering our mission to create, expand, and disseminate knowledge on cancer, we look toward future endeavors and exciting collaborations.
- Published 33 manuscripts/journal articles
- Exhibited 35 poster presentations disseminating cancer research findings
- Received funding for 16 grants from federal, state, and local agencies
- Submitted 28 grants to federal, national, state, and local agencies
- Hosted 60 faculty/students/community members at 5 Research Forums
- Organized 3 mini-retreats focused on center goals and activities
Click here for the full report.