The Amy V. Cockcroft Leadership Development Program is the first of its kind in the nation. Established in 1994 by Amy V. Cockcroft, the founding dean of the College of Nursing at the University of South Carolina, the program has evolved to prepare nurse executive leaders to meet the urgent demands of today's healthcare organizations. This progressive leadership program advances one's ability to lead and navigate complex organizations as well as work effectively with interdisciplinary teams.
Advance Your Leadership
The Amy V. Cockcroft Leadership Development Program will provide you with proven skills, strategies, and techniques for success as a healthcare leader. This visionary program equips you with a critical foundation for leading through periods of change, building partnerships and circles of influence, and forging collaborations. The program will help you develop competencies in organizational communications, applying systems concepts, resolving and negotiating conflict, and developing alternative models of leading, managing, and following in lateral versus hierarchical systems. Individual and group coaching throughout the program will prepare you for the challenges, opportunities, and responsibilities of advanced leadership positions in practice and academia.
During the program participants will:
- Expand boundaries of leadership through self-awareness, circles of influence and visionary strategic thinking
- Leverage work at a higher level using system-thinking concepts with highly effective organizational and personal communications
- Resolve and negotiate conflicts with mastered communication skills and self-reflection
- Challenge traditional linear thinking to lead successfully in today's global, complex, and evolving healthcare environment.
- Plan and implement an interdisciplinary project that illustrates the application of acquired leadership and supports the recommendations of the Institute of Medicine's (IOM) Report on the Future of Nursing
For further information or questions about the Amy V. Cockcroft Leadership Development Program: