Students who meet the admission requirements for the College of Pharmacy’s rigorous Pharm.D. program are eligible to apply for admission. Admission is highly competitive and based on established standards. Applications will be reviewed by the school’s admissions committee on a rolling basis; therefore, we encourage you to apply early during the admissions cycle. Students will be invited to interview at the discretion of the admission committee.
Required Application Steps for the Pharm.D. Program
- review our admissions cycle instructions
- complete the PharmCAS application
- complete the Supplemental application
- submit additional materials to PharmCAS
- take the PCAT exam
- complete a personal interview (if invited)
- fulfill additional requirements (international applicants only)
The PharmCAS application is an electronic application that you must submit through the Pharmacy College Application Service. As part of the application, you’ll be required to submit three letters of recommendation and your official transcripts from all institutions you have attended. This checklist can help you gather the right materials as you prepare your application. Our admissions cycle instructions also offer additional guidance.
The application fee is submitted directly to PharmCAS when you complete your application. PharmCAS will not process an application until the application is complete, the application fee is paid and all official transcripts are submitted. Apply early; processing can take up to five weeks once all required materials are received and verified.
You must also complete the Supplemental Application, which is submitted to the College of Pharmacy.
- Click on "First time user account creation"
- Under Campus, select "USC Columbia"
- Under Application Type, select "College of Pharmacy"
- Complete and submit application
- Submit Prerequisite Course Requirements Checklist (to the College of Pharmacy Admissions Office)
The Supplemental Application fee is $65 (U.S. dollars). The fee is nonrefundable and
payable by electronic check or credit card (Visa or MasterCard) only. To learn more
about completing the Supplemental Application, review our admissions cycle instructions.
Additional PharmCAS Materials
In addition to completing your PharmCAS application through the PharmCAS system, you be will required to submit the following materials to PharmCAS in order for your application to the College of Pharmacy to be considered complete:
- 3 letters of reference
- official PCAT scores
- official transcripts from all institutions attended
If you have any questions or concerns throughout the application process, please contact admissions coordinator Nikki Mellen by calling 803-777-4151 or email email@example.com.