If you are interested in applying to the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program at the University of South Carolina, you will apply online using the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS).
- Students applying to the program must have an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Overall undergraduate GPA and GPA for prerequisite courses are considered in the admissions decision.
- In addition, the program requires GRE scores (verbal, quantitative, and writing), two letters of reference from individuals familiar with the applicant’s clinical and/or academic skills, and a writing sample (see PTCAS application).
- Admissions interviews are not required.
- Volunteer hours are not required but are encouraged. Fifty (50) hours are recommended.
Our minimum requirements are a: 1) 3.0 GPA (prerequisite), 2) 3.0 GPA (undergraduate
or masters), 3) combined GRE of 300 (with no less than 145 each section) with a 3.5
or greater on the writing score. If you apply with scores below this, your file will
not be reviewed for admission. Note that this is our minimal requirements, please
see the program summary for our average admission scores.
The program’s admissions process insures that admitted students have the background to succeed. Admission to the DPT program requires that students have obtained a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education. In addition, all students enrolled in the program are required to have successfully completed selected prerequisite coursework prior to enrollment including:
|Physics||8||Must include lab|
|Chemistry||8||Must include lab|
|Biology||8||Must include lab|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology||8||8 hours of Anatomy and Physiology; can be 8 hours of combined Anatomy and Physiology or 4 hours of Anatomy and 4 hours of Physiology|
The deadline for all application materials is November 1 of the Fall preceding enrollment. When November 1 falls on a weekend, applications are due on the Monday immediately following November 1. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
Learn more about the PTCAS application process and admissions requirements.