Procedures to graduate with leadership distinction and detailed instructions on completing application packets are discussed in detail at orientation sessions.
Attend early so you know what to expect!
Orientation is recommended early in your first or second year and required no later than the semester prior to your graduation semester. Although due dates for the final packet are the semester of graduation, requirements are completed over the course of your collegiate career. Application packets contain detailed information on requirements. Start early!
Register Your Intent to Graduate With Leadership Distinction
Following an orientation session, decide if you seriously wish to pursue Graduation with Leadership Distinction. If so, submit an official registration. This is required no later than the semester prior to your anticipated graduation semester, but encouraged as soon as you have made a well-considered decision.
Submit Your Application
Completed Graduation with Leadership Distinction application packets (including all required signatures) must be scanned and submitted to the Office of USC Connect in the graduation semester.
The method and time of application submission varies depending on how the e-portfolio requirement is being met. For students completing the e-portfolio, you may submit in one of two ways:
1. Via workshops and direct submission of the e-portfolio to USC Connect:
- Attach your completed application to your e-portfolio “About Me” page.
- Due dates for e-portfolios (and thus completed application forms):
February 17 for May graduation
September 15 for December graduation
May 15 for August graduation
2. Via a course meeting graduation with leadership distinction e-portfolio requirements (contact USC Connect for further information):
- E-mail your completed application to email@example.com
- Due dates:
March 15 for May graduation
November 1 for December graduation
June 15 for August graduation
- Community Service
- Global Learning
- Professional and Civic Engagement
Please contact us with any questions or comments:
Thomas Cooper Library, Suite L132
University of South Carolina
Columbia, SC 29208