McMaster College/Fraser Hall
1911; acquired 1960, Department of Art
The 43,500-square-foot McMaster College was first a public grammar
school in Richland County School District One. It was named for Col. F.
W. McMaster (1826-1899), chairman of the first Board of School
Fraser Hall, a 7,500-square-foot recital hall adjoining McMaster, was
named for Arthur Fraser (1915-1972), head of the music department from
1963 to 1972.
From its acquisition until 19?? it was the home for the Department of
Art. In 19?? it became the School of Music. After a brief stint as the
home for Air Force and Naval ROTC programs, it returned to the
Department of Art.