Welsh Humanities Building
& Humanities Classroom Building
The two-building, 116,436-square-foot complex houses departmental
offices and classrooms, the Language Resource Center, the Writing
Center, and a computer laboratory.
The office building was named for Vice President for Instruction John
R. Welsh (1916-1974), a University faculty member from 1949 until his
death. He was head of the English department, 1973-74, before being
named vice president. He was Secretary of the Faculty, 1964-70, and
Secretary of the Faculty Senate, 1970-73. In 1958 he was co-winner of
USC's prestigious Russell Award for Distinguished Teaching.