By serving on the Student Advisory Council, students have the opportunity to positively impact the learning environment at the University of South Carolina by contributing to an institutional initiative during monthly meetings. Specifically, members:
- Develop critical thinking skills to discuss, question, and debate presented topics and consider how their shared thoughts and opinions have the potential to impact their peers.
- Contribute ideas thoughts, and opinions about CIEL programming as well as outreach and marketing initiatives.
- Participate in monthly group discussion-based meetings to further their understanding of presented materials.
- Collaborate with peers to reach a unanimous opinion or state opinions as representations of only themselves.
- Practice professionalism during disagreements of opinions and understand the importance of individual voices within the committee.
Students at UofSC Columbia may apply for Council membership each spring. The Student
Advisory Council meets once per month during Fall and Spring semesters. Contact us
for further information at CIEL@sc.edu
2020-2021 Student Advisory Council Members
|Brianna Courney||Political Science & Economics|
|Anna Evans||Retail Management|
|Brianna Flischmann||Public Health|
|Shannen Lane||International Business and Accounting|
|Grace Naumowich||Political Science|
|Raven Peele||Physical Therapy|
|Julia Signorelli||International Business, Management Consulting, Finance|
|Thomas Soler||Biological Sciences|
|Mallory Stanley||Elementary Education|
|Madison Yommer||Civil Engineering|
|John “Patrick” Gavigan||Accounting|