Level Two Training
The following outline provides an overview of the material covered in each module of Level Two. Select demonstration videos are also available.
Level Two Learning Outcomes
Advising at USC
University Policies and Procedures
Academic Programs and Requirements
Academic Success Coaching
Undergraduate Students and Special Populations
Advising Profession and Practice
*Please note: The University Advising Center aims to keep all training material up-to-date and accurate. If you notice errors, please contact ADVtrain@mailbox.sc.edu.
Level Two Experiential Learning
In order to complete Level Two Certification, you must complete the Experiential component which includes the 5 items below:
- Provide academic advisement to at least 300 students
- Use EAB Navigate to enter appointment notes & make referrals
- Use DegreeWorks to enter the advised course schedule and other curricular information
- Attend two approved in-person advisor training professional development series events
- Respond to the Case Study available in Blackboard
Level Two Rewards
Advisors who successfully complete both components of Level Two receive a Certificate of Completion and are eligibile to choose from the list of Level Two Rewards below.*
- One-year membership to the National Academic Advising Association (new membership or renewal)
- NACADA Region 3 Conference Registration (limited & for current NACADA members only)
- NACADA Online Course (limited)
- One of the following printed resources
*Further restrictions may apply. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding the reward selection process.