- Open to current degree seeking students at the University of South Carolina-Columbia throughout the internship/co-op. Preference given to undergraduate students.
- Preference given to award recipients who will not require sponsorship for US work authorization post-graduation
- Preference given to internship/co-op opportunities that support Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive, Energy, Health and Life Sciences and Financial Services industries
- Internship/co-op is in-person and located in South Carolina during Summer 2023 or Fall 2023
How to Apply:
Students wishing to apply for the South Carolina Internship Program Award must complete the following steps. Supplements are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Application does not guarantee award.
- Secure a signed employer offer letter for a Summer or Fall 2023 internship or co-op
- Log in to Handshake
- Click "Career Center" in the upper left-hand corner > Select "Experiences" > "Request an Experience" > Select "South Carolina Internship Program Application" > Complete all required information > Click "Create Experience"
- Upload employer offer letter (signed by employer and student)
Applicants will receive confirmation within 72 hours from Erin Mullen, (firstname.lastname@example.org), Career Center Experiential Education Specialist, when application materials have been received.
Support Students in the South Carolina Internship Program will Receive:
- Pre-internship guidance to help you be work ready on day one
- Ongoing support through mid-term check-in
- Assessment of work readiness through end of term evaluation
Awarding & Withdrawal Policy:
Funds will be distributed and awarded in the form of a stipend at the conclusion of the internship/co-op opportunity. Funds are considered taxable income and recipients will receive a 1099 at the end of the year. Recipients must successfully complete the entire internship/co-op as reported in their Handshake Experience application materials. Failure to complete the internship/co-op will result in the funding being rescinded.
Additional Stipulations for South Carolina Internship Program:
- Applicants may only receive one South Carolina Internship Program stipend/award during their time as a USC student
- Selection: Stipend/award recipients will be selected based on meeting the eligibility standards and the availability of funds
- Students approved for the South Carolina Internship Program award will complete an end-of-term evaluation (this is typically a 360 online evaluation)