With the demise of guaranteed pensions and in light of the risks you face in managing your own retirement assets, mazimizing Social Security becomes a critical part of retirement planning.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- 5 factors to consider when deciding to apply for benefits
- When it makes sense to delay benefits and when it does not
- Why you should always check your earnings record for accuracy
- How to estimate your benefits
- Two innovative strategies for coordinating benefits with your spouse
- How to minimize taxes on Social Security benefits
- How to coordinate Social Security with your other forms of retirement income
- How your benefit will be affected by the age at which you apply
- How cost-of-living-adjustments, or COLAs, affect benefits
- How spousal benefits work
- How survival benefits work
- How divorced-spouse benefits work
- How working affects benefits
- How benefits affect taxes
- What to do if you have other income from pensions or IRAs
Course location, directions and parking instructions will be emailed to you approximately one week before the course.
Course Fee - $35
Registration and Fees
|Dates / Sessions||Times||Fees|
|Savvy Social Security Planning for Baby Boomers|
01/28/2021 – 01/28/2021
Register Online or Register By Mail
Notes: The course location and directions will be emailed approximately one week before the course begins.
|6:00 PM – 8:00 PM||$35.00|
Registration and Payment Notes
If you plan to pay by check or purchase order, select "register by mail." Complete the form and return a printout with payment to: USC Continuing Education
and Conferences, Close/Hipp Building at 1705 College Street, Suite 591, Columbia,
SC 29208. Your seat is not guaranteed until payment is received.
We accept online payment via electronic check, VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express through MarketPlace, a secure electronic environment that simplifies business transactions with the university. Follow the MarketPlace prompts to complete payment. Your transaction is only complete when you receive an order number, which is your receipt of payment. Your seat is not guaranteed until payment is received and you receive an order number.
Once you have paid and are enrolled, you'll be emailed location and parking information for face-to-face programs or online instructions about one week before the program begins.