Through this certificate program, you will learn:
- Military culture and the effect on the service members’ family, community, and as a veteran
- Military make-up which encompasses special populations, their experiences in the armed forces and their individual needs
- Understanding of policies that impact the military, veterans and service providers
- Health and mental health issues that are faced by military veterans
- What is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and its treatment?
- Understanding of Traumatic Brain Injury
- The process to refer military members, veterans, and families to the proper resources and service providers.
When you enroll in the full noncredit certificate program you will automatically have access to all ten courses. All courses are self-paced, and completely 100% online - convenient for the working professional. You will earn 17.5 contact hours or 1.75 CEUs for the Military Matters certificate program. The tuition of $399 includes all course materials and software.
I have just completed the program and I feel it is a very timely course that helped me gain a deeper understanding of what our military men and women go through as well as the stresses put on their family. I certainly feel more grateful to these men and women.
You may enroll in the full certificate program for $399 or register for the ten individual online courses for $45 each. When you attend all ten courses in this series, you will earn your USC Military Matters certificate:
- Introduction to the Military
- Risk and Resilience
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Intervention
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Women in the Military
- Special Populations - Racial, Ethnic and Sexual Minorities in the Military
- Suicide and Suicide Prevention
- Military Disability
- Substance Use and Misuse in the Military
- Military Families
One you have paid and are enrolled, you will be emailed specific details to begin your studies.