Have you ever wondered why the tariffs imposed on steel imported from China effects the stock price of automobile companies or why the announcement of a Covid vaccine makes the stock market rise? Interested in getting these answers and excited to learn more about the stock market?
In this course, you will learn the basics of finance, banking, types of investments and the stock market. You’ll be trained to follow and interpret financial news and reports. Actively explore the stock market world and you can even invest in the market through a simulated stock market game.
Program Dates and Audience
- June 20-25, 2021
- Rising 6-9 grade students
- This course will be held online
Program Fee and Detailed Information
Virtual Program Fee - $450
- Online session will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Friends and family are invited to final presentations on Friday afternoon
- The virtual camp fee includes classroom supplies, Carolina Master Scholars participation perks, live instructors, and the exciting course!
Additional Virtual Adventure Series details can be found on our Common Questions page.
Meet Your Instructor
Vandana is the founder and CEO of ViSER LLC. She has over 12 years of work experience in both academia and industry in both the USA and India. She has an MBA in financial management from Pace University, NY, and MS in Computational Mathematics from Arizona State University. Before ViSER, Vandana worked as a Vice President with Tantiv4, an Incentive Analyst with IBM, and as assistant professor of computer science and mathematics in engineering colleges in India, including Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi.