Teaching Online, Blended and Hybrid Courses Program
The Carolina Online Learning & Teaching (COLT) Certificate of Completion program is an initiative of the Center for Teaching Excellence, developed in partnership with the Office of Distributed Learning and DoIT e-Learning Services. COLT is a Fully Online Asynchronous Program presented in Blackboard Ultra Course View. Developed with input and feedback from faculty with distributed learning expertise, COLT is designed to provide faculty with the foundations for teaching either in online, blended or hybrid formats.
The goals of this program are to prepare faculty to teach exemplary online, blended or hybrid courses and to build their capacity in the areas of pedagogy, course design, course development, distributed delivery, and online course administration.
Upon completion of the Certificate of Completion program(s), a participant will be able to:
- Apply learning theories and frameworks to plan online, blended or hybrid courses
- Develop instructional materials and content
- Incorporate active learning strategies into online, blended, or hybrid courses
- Apply best practices for teaching online, blended or hybrid courses
- Develop online, blended, or hybrid course material
- Participants must complete a capstone project at the end of the program.
Open to those who teach at UofSC-Columbia or Palmetto College regional campuses. Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTAs) and graduate students are NOT eligible.
Contact Jennifer Yowell with any questions about the program, firstname.lastname@example.org.