Virtual Teaching: VR, AR and 360° Video in Higher Education Conference
Submission Deadline: November 22, 2019
Virtual reality, augmented reality, and 360° video are making the transition from the arcade and the playroom into the classroom, providing opportunities to enhance traditional learning with elements of simulation and gamification. The Virtual Teaching: VR, AR, and 360° Video in Higher Education conference provides a forum for the presentation of essays and research regarding the use of these technologies in higher education, providing an opportunity to share insight into the challenges and successes experience in the application of these technologies.
The conference will take place at the University of South Carolina in historic Columbia, SC, located midway between the Atlantic beaches and the foothills of the Blue Ridge and Appalachian mountains. The conference will be accompanied by a juried Showcase of Virtual Tools and Panel Discussions. For registration and further information about this academic conference, visit the conference web site.
Paper or Abstract Submission Guidelines
Faculty and graduate students are invited to submit in one of two categories:
- Completed papers
- Proposals or abstracts of papers in progress
Papers may include technical, pedagogical, institutional, cultural, political, and philosophical perspectives on the conference theme. Abstracts, completed papers, for this conference should deal with:
- Applications of virtual reality, augmented reality, 360º video and related technologies in the classroom
- Extensions of these technologies to distributed education
- Technological and practical issues related to the implementation and use of these technologies
- Pedagogical issues related to the use of these technologies in teaching
The purpose of this conference is to provide a scholarly exploration of these and related issues. Submissions may address practical, theoretical, phenomenological, critical and/or empirical approaches to any of the subjects listed above.
Papers and abstracts should be submitted via the Virtual Teaching Conference Paper Submission Online Application. The online application includes:
- Contact information of the author
- Title of the paper or abstract
- Brief description of the paper or abstract
- PDF file of the paper or abstract (upload to application)
Submission deadline is November 22, 2019. All submissions will be jury-reviewed with notification to authors on or before December 31, 2019.
Proposal Evaluation Criteria
All submissions will be reviewed by a jury that will consider:
- Relevance to the conference theme
- Quality of the contribution
- Overall contribution to the field
The conference is sponsored by the College of Engineering and Computing, the College of Education, the College of Information and Communication, the Center for Teaching Excellence, and the Office of Distributed Learning at the University of South Carolina.