Safety Measures Taking Place in Dining Locations
- Increased presence of associates and managers on floor for cleaning and sanitation purposes
- Five-minute pauses during each hour to clean and sanitize location stations
- Conversion of all self-service stations (salad bars, pizza bars, and “buffet-style” stations) to served/attended stations
- Individually-packaged options available for all condiments, cereals, milk, yogurt, etc.
- Touchless solutions in place for:
Contactless payment methods
Contactless soap, paper towel dispensers, and sanitation station behind the lines
- Reduced dining room seating and building occupancy levels based on guidelines
- Expanded outdoor seating
- Applicable distancing at registers, pick up areas and lines queues
- Plexiglass barriers installed at all register stations
- Floor decals placed denoting six-foot spacing in all locations
- Areas designated to pick up made-to-order items to avoid crowding
- Employee temperatures will be taken each day
- Staff will be masked and gloved
- Training plan will be in place that will be conducted before the fall semester begins including the topic below:
Proper food handling and sanitation
Proper use of mask and gloves
Expanded Grubhub Mobile Ordering Options
New for Fall 2020, you can order on Grubhub at these locations:
- Panera Bread
- Gamecock General at Community Table
- And three all-you-care-to-eat dining locations, Bates Diner, Gibbes Court Bistro and Honeycomb Café (featuring a deli, pizza, and grill menu available for pickup service)
These are in addition to the 16 other locations previously available for mobile ordering:
- Café Verde
- Colloquium Café
- Congaree River Smokehouse
- Einstein Bros. Bagels – East
- Einstein Bros. Bagels – Russell House
- Global Café
- Horseshoe Deli
- Oath Pizza
- Spice Asian Kitchen
- Starbucks – Thomas Cooper Library
- Starbucks – Welsh
- The Buzz
- The Community Table
- The Wired Café
- Twisted Taco
Additional Pop-up and Satellite Locations
The Coop Food Truck and NEW Nacho Papi’s Food Truck will have expanded hours of operation and will be located at various places on campus.
Starbucks Nitro Bike will be available at various high traffic areas on campus.
Colloquium Patio Grill will be in operation to provide an outside, hot dining options.
Meal Kit Program
Home Chef meal kit program is available on an opt-in basis for students who have:
- Upgraded to the Platinum level of Meal Plan Dollars on Traditional meal plans
- Who live in a residence hall that is equipped with a dedicated kitchen.
Expansion of Grab-n-Go Options
Expanded variety and menu rotation of Quick Eats grab-n-go sandwiches, salads, snack boxes and snack cups that is available at the following locations:
- Gamecock General – Russell House
- Gamecock General - The Community Table
- Gamecock General - Park Place
- Carolina Creamery
- Express Lane
- Park Place
- Colloquium Cafe
- Cafe Verde
- Global Cafe
- Wired Cafe
Sustainability Platform Update
Sustainability platform will still be fully intact to including the following:
- Reusable serviceware available in all-you-care-to-eat dining locations, Global Café and The Community Table.
- Reusable to-go boxes available in all-you-care-to-eat dining locations.
- When needed, compostable to-go containers and cups are available in all retail dining locations.
- Continued composting in our back of house within our dining locations
- Continued purchasing of food locally via outlets such as GrowFood Carolina, Vertical Roots, Senn Brothers and more.
- Continued partnership with Food Recovery Network to donate surplus food to hunger relief agencies such as Oliver Gospel Mission, Transitions Homeless Shelter and Ronald McDonald House.