Customize your meal plan
Step One: Select weekly meal swipes
- Gamecock 21: 21 meal swipes per week (Best Value)
- Cocky 16: 16 meal swipes per week (Most Popular)
- Garnet 14: 14 meal swipes per week (Good Value)
Use meal swipes in our residential restaurants for all-you-care-to-eat dining or in retail for a meal equivalency. Use more than one swipe per meal period and up to 4 in a day. There is a 30-minute pause between swipes. Unused meal swipes expire at the end of the week and meal swipes will reset back the following week.
Some students have meal plan requirements. The Garnet 14 Silver plan is the minimum required meal plan for all first-year students living on-campus in university housing.
Step Two: Select tax-free Meal Plan Dollars for the semester
- Platinum: $325 Meal Plan Dollars
- Gold: $190 Meal Plan Dollars
- Silver: $25 Meal Plan Dollars
Meal plan dollars (MPD) are tax-free and can be used for snacks, coffee or overages at retail locations when using a meal equivalency. MPDs can be used at all dining locations and expire at the end of the semester.
Step Three: Purchase your meal plan
Select “Your Student Account” and choose your desired meal plan.
|Meal Plan||Platinum ($325 MPD)
||Gold ($190 MPD)||Silver ($25 MPD)||No MPD|
|Garnet 14||$2,087||$1,958||$1,790 (First-year default)||N/A|
(Gamecock Gateway students only)
* First-year residents default plan: Garnet 14 - Silver
* Gamecock Gateway students default plan: Carolina 10 - Gold
* Meal plan swipes and meal plan dollars expire at the conclusion of each semester.
Fall 2020 Cash Equivalency for Meal Swipes in Retail
|Meal Period Time||Retail Meal Allowance|
|Breakfast (6 a.m. - 10:29 a.m.)||$6.19|
|Lunch (10:30 a.m. - 3:59 p.m.)||$7.29|
|Dinner (4 p.m. - 11:59 p.m.)||$7.49|
|Late Night (12:00 a.m. - 3:00 a.m.)||$7.49|
*Cash Equivalency is only offered at retail dining locations