Thoroughly research your destination using a variety of sources, including those listed under the 'Resources' tab.
- Submit your COVID-19 Travel Safety Plan here.
These are some resources that Global Carolina is using to track the impact and trajectory of the pandemic around the world. You might find these helpful during your own research. You should also research your country specifically -- you will likely find international and local news outlets to be the most helpful for country-specific information.
U.S. Government Advice
- U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Travel Notices
- U.S. Embassy COVID-19 Information Pages
Case and Testing Metrics
- Harvard Global Health Institute Key Metrics for COVID Suppression and corresponding map (make sure to switch to 'worldwide' view on left hand panel)
- World Health Organization spread classifications
- Our World in Data COVID-19 test positivity rates
COVID Entry Check (Note: this is just one tool to find information on travel restrictions. You will see that many countries will not allow entry for U.S. citizens traveling for tourism, but may have an exception for U.S. citizens traveling to study. You should check with your program for further instruction and information.)
- Global Carolina will review your plan after submission. You should submit your COVID-19 Travel Safety Plan in conjunction with the regular education abroad application/registration requirements outlined here.
- As we all have experienced in the last six months, the COVID-19 pandemic situation can change quickly and requires that we be flexible. It is especially important to stay flexible when planning international travel. Please note that UofSC can withdraw approval of the experience if the situation in the area changes drastically prior to your departure. If the situation changes after you have arrived in the country, it will be handled on a case-by-case basis. But, our office and our partners share the same commitment of supporting you in your academic progress and will make every effort to support you throughout your international experience.
- You can always stay up to date on the latest education abroad developments via our COVID-19 webpage.