|Area:||Global Direct Summer|
|Website:||Murdoch University Summer Program|
Murdoch offers two short courses, both of which offer unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to explore some of the most spectacular places in Western Australia while you learn.
Cost: 4500-6500 AUD, paid directly to Murdoch
Requirements: minimum 3.0 GPA
There are two short-term program options to choose from at Murdoch:
Tropical Marine Biology
At Murdoch University, we’re proud to have earned an outstanding reputation for marine and environmental science. We were the first university in Australia to offer an undergraduate degree in Environmental Science and the first in Western Australia to offer Marine Science.
In this short intensive program, you’ll cover three main areas:
- The diversity and physical processes of Western Australia’s marine habitats
- A focus on coral reef environments and the biodiversity of reef organisms
- Biological processes, with a focus on coral reef ecosystems
Storytelling in Australia
The course covers the traditions of Australian storytelling, including Indigenous stories (past and present), Australian literature and cinema, and critical contemporary issues in Australia.
You will be encouraged to develop your own narrative style and to choose an appropriate genre and form to work in. If you are technically proficient in a particular field (for example, in screen production, audio production, or photography), you may wish to create a story in one of those modes. But you don’t need to be a production specialist to undertake the course. If you can write and represent your experiences, thoughts and feelings, you are telling stories.
The course involves on-campus workshops and a 10-day regional tour of north-west Western Australia, with its UNESCO-listed natural coastal wonders and its rugged interior. Along the way you’ll be encouraged to reflect on the places, the experiences and the people you encounter.
- Beyond Boundaries: The Beyond Boundaries Award is a financial award of $1500 or more to be used to help fund a credit-bearing Maymester/summer study abroad experience. The goal of this award is to help students with high financial need make an overseas experience possible.
- Carolina Global Study Award: All USC students participating in semester, academic year, or summer programs are eligible to compete for this award. The number of awards available varies from year to year. The goal of this award is to help provide a study abroad experience for students with financial need.
- Passport Travel Grant: The Passport Travel Grant is a financial award of up to $2000 to be used to help fund a Maymester or summer study abroad experience for Capstone, Honors, and Top Scholar students.