Get Involved at UofSC
With over 500 clubs and organizations, our Gamecock Gateway students are sure to find something they are interested in pursuing while at Carolina. The Leadership and Service Center connects students with opportunities for involvement, leadership development, service, and civic engagement.
Not sure where to start?
Check out GarnetGate to find the right student organization for you.
Find meaningful service opportunities that impact fellow Carolina students, Columbia, and the world.
Each year, the Gamecock Gateway program seeks current and past Gateway students to serve as mentors and leaders for our incoming class. These Gateway Ambassadors play an integral role in welcoming new Gamecock Gateway students during Gateway-specific Admissions events, Summer Advising Sessions, and Gateway students first week on campus in Columbia.
Applications are not currently being accepted.
- Have a 2.75 GPA or higher
- Be enrolled in the current Gateway cohort or be a Gateway alum currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at UofSC
- Be available to work various events beginning February through August
- Be comfortable facilitating small and large group activities
- Be able to answer questions and assist new students and their families with navigating the Gateway program
- Be a positive representative of both Midlands Technical College and the University of South Carolina
- Have and maintain good standing with conduct and have no incomplete judicial sanctions
*Housing accommodations do not accompany this position. Students taking summer courses are welcome to apply.
Students who achieve a 3.5 GPA or above during fall semester are recognized as Gateway Scholars at a reception at the start of the spring semester. Gateway Scholars are also connected to valuable UofSC resources and opportunities.
The Peer Tutoring program at the Student Success Center provides quality, course-specific academic support to UofSC undergraduate students at no cost. Peer tutors are undergraduate students who have excelled in the course they tutor and have been trained to facilitate discussions on course content, study skills and strong academic habits.
Interested in serving as a peer tutor for Gateway students?
Reach out to Christy Thomas at email@example.com for more information.