- Complete Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper, Kognito At-Risk, and Mental Health First Aid trainings
- Participate in the Mental Health Ambassadors storytelling training and prepare a presentation based on your personal mental health journey
- Provide presentations to groups across campus
- Work as a team to plan and execute outreach to student groups who may be interested in learning about emotional wellness and campus resources through our presentations
- Collaborate to develop social media content related to coping skills and community resources
- Promote Student Health Services programs and activities to the USC community
- Attend weekly meetings
Since many of the students participating in the program live with mental health challenges or support someone who does, Mental Health Ambassadors are uniquely suited to model mental health skills to the USC community.
Mental Health Ambassadors can present to classes, campus community groups, and student organizations. The presentation includes the ambassador’s personal mental health story and a review of mental health support resources available on campus (approx. 30 minutes).