New Freshmen Applications
Applications are available through Self-Service Carolina now. The deadline to apply is May 1.
Applying for Housing
All first-year students are required to live on campus for a full academic year.
- Know which learning communities you want to put as your preference.
- Coordinate with anyone you want to request as your roommate.
- Complete your application on Self-Service Carolina.
- Look for your community and roommate assignments in the summer.
Application Fee: $50, non-refundable
Advance Room Payment: $100
If you decide not to move in, you will forfeit your advance room payment and may be subject to additional costs.
Activity Fee: $50 (except 650 Lincoln)
Technology Network Fee: $76 (except 650 Lincoln and Park Place)
Post Office Box Fee: $30 (except 650 Lincoln and Park Place)
Supplemental Education Fee: $150 (Faculty-led communities: Maxcy, Preston, Green Quad, Galen & Rhodos)
Deadlines and Important Dates
May 1, 2019
• Priority deadline for the housing application and the living and learning community
• Last day to request a roommate on application.
• Last day to make changes to learning community preferences on application.
• First-year exemption form deadline.
June 1, 2019
Deadline to cancel housing application for non-enrollment and get advance room payment ($100) refund.
Room assignments and roommate/suitemate information posted.
Living and Learning Communities
Pick which communities fit best with your interests and/or coursework to put as a preference on your housing application.
Where Opportunities Begin
Your living and learning community will open opportunities to you, both on and off campus. It's no wonder our living communities have been ranked among the top learning environments in the country by U.S. News and World Report.
Canceling Your Housing Application
Contact us at 803-777-4283 or email@example.com
Keep in mind freshmen are required to live on campus for a full academic year. Be sure to read your housing contract and all of the details about housing cancellations and refunds.