Power Up 2020
- June 17 – 20, 2020: PowerUP 2020
- July 8 – 11, 2020: PowerUP2020
- July 22 – 25, 2020: PowerUP 2.0
For qualified participants, there is no cost to attend the workshop.
- Applicants must currently receive services from the SC Vocational Rehabilitation Department.
- Must be aged 16-21.
- Must be in an educational program for the school year 2019–20 or a 2020 high school graduate.
- Must complete and submit application no later than April 3, 2020.
- Must have transportation to and from the Columbia campus of the University of South Carolina.
Students who qualify and are interested in attending the program will be able to apply beginning on February 3, 2020. The application will be available on paper as well as electronically and can be submitted via USPS or by fax to (803) 777-2663.
- If the student is under 18, the application must be signed by a parent or guardian. If over 18, the applicant must sign the application
- If under 18, application must be signed by family (Legal Guardian i.e. Parent, Family Member, Etc.);
- If over 18 and do not have a legal guardian, applicant must sign application.
Applications may be mailed to:
PowerUP Career Academy for Students with Disabilities
C/O Continuing Education & Conferences
University of South Carolina
Close Hipp Building, Suite 591
1705 College Street
Columbia, South Carolina 29208
Questions? Contact your Vocational Rehabilitation counselor or call 803-777-9444 and ask about Power Up 2020.
"Power Up Career Academy offers workshops for Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) from the South Carolina Vocational Rehabilitation Department in conjunction with the University of South Carolina."