Skip to Content


Microfridge Rentals

If you want to use a microwave or refrigerator in your residence hall room, you'll need to purchase or rent a combination microwave and refrigerator called a microfridge.

Rent or Buy a MicroFridge

If you want to use a refrigerator or microwave in your room, you must use a Microfridge.

Rent: $237.59 per year

Purchase: $572.39 

*Deadline to rent or buy a MicroFridge is August 8.

Why We Require Microfridges

The university is moving to Microfridges because they:

  • Reduce energy consumption.
  • Provide a more sustainable living environment.
  • Comply with outlet specifications for electrical use.
  • Shut down when smoke begins, triggering smoke detectors less often.

Exceptions: McBryde and Bates House

McBryde and Bates House already have microfridges in each room. There is no need for residents in these halls to rent or buy a microfridge.

Microwaves and Fridges in On-Campus Apartments

Mini fridges are not allowed in apartments. You will have a full size refrigerator in the kitchen. Microwaves are allowed in the kitchen only.