What are Galen Ambassadors?
The Galen Ambassador program is a new program that aims to enhance the first-year experience within Galen Health Fellows by providing a mentor to help freshmen make the transition successfully from high school to a large college campus, both socially and academically. This is a volunteer opportunity that will provide valuable professional and leadership development opportunities while also honing communication and other soft skills. This program will also host various activities.
What are the benefits to you?
- Gain transferable skills useful in leadership, interpersonal communication, management, and goal setting.
- Obtain professional development
- Additional experiences to include on your resume
Requirements to be a Galen Ambassador:
- You must be a rising sophomore
- Complete an application
- You must hold and maintain a GPA of 3.0
- You must remain in good academic standing
- You must be willing to meet with your assigned mentee(s) twice monthly
- You will be required to attend Galen Health Fellows events with your mentee(s)
- You will be required to participate in a service project with each of your assigned mentee(s)
Are you a Galen Health Fellows freshmen student?
Would you like to be paired with a mentor? Galen Ambassadors is a new program that started in 2018. It aims to enhance the first-year experience by providing a mentor to help freshmen make the transition successfully from high school to a large college campus, both socially and academically. They are last year's cohort volunteering to help you! A Galen Ambassador will help you find resources, mentor you, attend events with you, keep you in the loop for Galen events, and so much more! Applications are currently not open.