At a Glance
- Home to environmentally conscious students
- Students live in the Green Quad
- Learn how to live sustainably and make a positive impact
Learn more about what it means to be part of Green Quad.
What Makes This Community Different
Students in this community have access to opportunities that will improve their experience at Carolina and prepare them for their careers after graduation.
- The Green Quad building is surrounded by green spaces, including our garden and Rocky Branch Creek.
- Take advantage of one-on-one career coaching to help you on campus and after graduation.
- Participate in sustainably focused field trips and service events, including work in our garden and clean up in the creek behind the Green Quad.
Take Classes With Your Peers
Green Quad students can take courses together, called linked courses, that cover a shared interest or fulfill a major requirement.
- UNIV 101
Take a section of University 101 just for Green Quad students, right in the building. It's a great way to get to know your neighbors!
Why First-Year Interest Groups?
Research shows students who take courses within their learning community are more likely to take ownership of their academic career and be more engaged with their community.
These are themed, building-wide learning communities staffed by a faculty member who is an expert in the theme. Students get in-depth experience with their community topic, and gain a greater understanding of how to apply that experience outside the classroom and after they graduate.
These are academically focused communities where students live near each other and take major classes together. This helps students connect with others who have similar interests, gives them an opportunity to form relationships outside the classroom and gives them access to academic support when they need it.
Applying to Join This Community
Is this the living learning community for you?
Incoming Students: Submit your housing application, available on on Self-Service Carolina, and follow instructions to apply for a faculty principal community.
Returning Students: Applications will open in October.