At a Glance
- A community for students in the College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
- Students live in Bates West
- Industry field trips, locally and regionally
What Makes This Community Different
Students in this community have access to opportunities that will improve their experience at Carolina and prepare them for their careers after graduation.
- Take advantage of opportunities to network with faculty and peers while building your knowledge of the industry.
- Live close to USC sports venues and a block from the Blatt Gym.
- Keep up-to-date with entertainment and sports with a subscription to Sports Business Journal.
Take Classes With Your Peers
Sport and Entertainment Management Community students can take classes called linked courses with the peers who live around them and share their interests.
What they are and why they're beneficial for students.
- SPTE 201: Introduction to Sport Management
- SPCH 140: Public Communications
Why Linked Courses Research shows students who take courses within their learning community are more
likely to take ownership of their academic career and be more engaged with their community.
Why Linked Courses
Research shows students who take courses within their learning community are more likely to take ownership of their academic career and be more engaged with their community.
These are smaller learning communities within residence halls focused on an area of study or student interest. Students in these communities will meet others who share their interests, and have unique opportunities to pursue those interests outside of the classroom.
Linked Course Community
These are academically focused communities where students live near each other and take major classes together. This helps students connect with others who have similar interests, gives them an opportunity to form relationships outside the classroom and gives them access to academic support when they need it.