Learning a foreign language? Whether you’re just getting started or want to maintain your already-excellent skill level, you can get your practice at weekly conversation hours. Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Spanish and Russian tables are all represented at Maxcy, with other languages soon to follow. Don’t see your foreign language listed yet? Come start a conversation hour.
- Arabic: Mondays at 1pm in the Maxcy Classroom
- February 3rd
- February 17th
- March 2nd
- March 16th
- March 30th
- April 13th
- April 27th
- French: Mondays at 6pm in the Maxcy Classroom
- Korean: Tuesdays at 5:30pm in the Maxcy Dining Area (beginning February 4th)
- German: Wednesdays at 4pm in the Maxcy Classroom
- Russian: Wednesdays at 6pm in the Maxcy Dining Area
- Mandarin: Thursdays at 4:30pm in the Maxcy Classroom
- Japanese: Thursdays at 6pm in the Maxcy Dining Area
- Spanish: Thursdays at 6pm in the Maxcy Classroom
- Portuguese: 4:30pm in the Maxcy Dining Room on the following dates:
- Monday, January 27
- Tuesday, February 11
- Monday, February 24
- Tuesday, March 17
- Monday, March 30
Apply to Live in the Language Annex
Residents of the International House can elect to live in a language-immersive environment called the “Maxcy Language Annex.” Residents share a common area with one to two other students who are learning the same language. All three will sign an agreement pledging to only speak that language in the common areas, as well as agree to other activities to support the immersive environment.
Applications for living in the Annex are due by November 15th. Complete the Housing application and tell us why you’d love to live in our community.
- Step One: Complete the University Housing Interest form at the link above by select “International House at Maxcy College.”
- Step Two: Indicate your foreign language preference in response to the question about "extracurricular language support."
- Step Three: Indicate interest in the Maxcy Language Annex in response to the last question about "language-immersive environment."