Thank you for your interest in volunteering, our volunteer sign-up page has closed.
What Is A Move-In Ambassador
A Move-In Ambassador(s) are volunteers from the Carolina community that serve as greeters, provide directional guidance, monitor drop off locations and provide an overall welcoming experience to new Gamecocks.
- Ambassadors should not aid in moving students’ personal items into residence halls and should remain at their assigned location throughout their designated time.
- Ambassadors have the option of wearing their group/organizations apparel or can receive the complimentary 2023 Move-In commemorative t-shirt.
- Ambassadors will be under the direction of a zone manager that will provide support and directions to ensure you also have a great experience on move-in days.
Carolina faculty, staff and official peer leaders, student organizations and groups sponsored by a student organization.
Share the excitement with new students and parents as they experience the Gamecock spirit for the very first time. You will be creating fond memories that they will cherish for years to come. We're expecting another large first-year student class, so we anticipate needing at least 1,200 volunteers. USC undergraduate students can enter into a raffle to win a free spot at a USC parking garage (except Campus Village) by voluteering for at least one 3 hour shift. If you volunteer for more than one 3-hour shift you will be eligible for an additional.
Additional entries are available for each additional 3 hour shift.
Your first priority is to welcome everyone that joins us on move in day. In addition you will be asked to:
- Greet families and provide instructions or point them in the right direction as they check in
You will not need any specific training - just come with a smile on your face and a "can do" attitude (and maybe a refillable water bottle, too). All ambassadors must wear the official Move-In name tag sticker or the official move in t-shirt, which will be provided and available in early August.
In late July or early August, you will receive an email with our official ambassador(s) time/location assignment, where to chekc in and pick up your t-shirt and other important details.
Register As A University Ambassador
Comprised of over 300 full-time and student employees, University Housing is invested in creating a home away from home for students that promotes learning and development in a supportive and caring community. University Housing prides itself in providing a clean, safe and functional living space that nurtures students and prepares them for the next stages of their personal and professional lives.
We need your assistance during the following times:
- 7:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
University Housing has reimaged the move-in process and is pleased to welcome 8 unique volunteer locations for you to participate in:
- 650 Lincoln Complex
- Campus Village
- The Quads (South Quad & East Quad area)
- Bull Street garage
- Horseshoe 1 (Greene Street side)
- Horseshoe 2 (Pendleton Street side)
- Park Place
- Flex (I am flexible and can be assigned day of to help wherever I am needed)