Residents moving into a new room at South Carolina have the option to review the condition of their physical living environment/room to complete an online report. This report details the condition of your room upon moving in. All reports are compared at the conclusion of your stay to access any damages that are your responsibility. Residents are highly encouraged to take their time and complete the room inspection upon their initial move into their room/apartment.
Follow the following steps to complete the Room Condition Report online:
- Log in to the housing portal at my.sc.edu
- Duo authenticate and click “My Housing”
- Choose the Columbia campus
- Once you are checked in to your room there will be a “Room Inspection” tab at the top of the portal.
- Students should click on each space to accept or reject each item’s condition and make comments.
- Finally, save your report.
The residence life team in your building can assist you with any questions you have regarding the condition of your room or the room inspection that you have to complete.