At a Glance
- Housing for all students
- Affiliated Apartment style
- Located near the baseball stadium (map)
- Best student amenities in Columbia
- Apartment lease begins in mid-August
- Payments, leases and other rules may vary from other University Housing residence halls
See Our Rooms
See how students are making their space their own.
Get a feel for how your space will be laid out.
Learn about living at Carolina.
Where You'll Live
- Variety of floorplans available, from studio to 5 bedrooms.
- Resort-style pool with hot tub and grilling stations.
- On-site fitness center, clubhouse and cyber cafe.
- Cable and wi-fi included in rent.
- UofSC shuttle stop for residents.
- Full couch
- Club chair
- Coffee table
- Media stand
- Side table
- 50 inch smart TV
- Hardwood-styled floors
- Modern stainless steel appliances package with built-in microwave
- Bar stools
- Granite countertops
- Full bed
- Desk with chair
- Dresser with four drawers
- Night stand
- Large closet
- Private bathroom for every bedroom
- Shower rod for curtains
- Full-size washer and dryer in each unit
Cable Connection: Yes
Internet Connection: Yes
Electronic Access: Yes
- Fitness Center
- Yoga Studio
- Spin Cycling Studio
- Sauna (2)
- Standing Tanning Booth (2)
- Swimming Pool
- Media Room
- Movie Theatre
- Game Room
- Pool Table
- Ping Pong Table
- Golf Simulator
Academic Common Areas
- Study Lounge
- iMac Business Center
- Conference Room (2)
- Printer with free ink and paper
Ceiling Height: 8 ft.
Wall Type: Drywall
Space Under Sink: 18" tall x 30" wide
Living Room Window: 58.5" tall x 58" wide
Wall Type: Drywall
Microfridge Rental: No
Bed Size: 52" tall x 75" wide (Full)
Bed Frame: 18.5" tall (from the floor to the bottom of the frame)
Night Stand: 24" tall x 18" deep x 18" wide
Desk: 28" tall x 24" deep x 46" wide
Dresser: 40.5" tall x 15" deep x 32" wide
Dresser Top: 18" deep x 32" wide
Loftable Bed: No
Living Room Furniture
Living Room Sofa: 35" tall x 38" deep x 82" wide
Living Room Chair: 32" tall x 32" deep x 25.5" wide
TV Stand: 21" tall x 18" deep x 46" wide
Coffee Table: 18" tall x 24" deep x 42" wide
End Table: 21" tall x 18" deep x 18" wide
Bar Stools: 44.5" tall x 16" deep x 17" wide
Floorplan, layouts, dimensions and features may vary.
The OAR community is excited to welcome all students who share a passion for engaging
in outdoor pursuits, building leadership skills, exploring the Columbia and Southeastern
region, serving as environmental stewards, and developing healthy behaviors for a
life of wellbeing.
Live-In Residence Life Coordinator
Live-In Assistant Residence Life Coordinator: 1 Graduate Student
Resident Mentor: 22
Is this the place for you?
Housing applications for Spring will be available October 15, 2020. Returning student sign up begins early January 11, 2021 and new incoming student sign up begins February 15, 2021.
Some insurance providers will request the physical address of your student’s residence hall. The address for Park Place is listed below.
506 Huger Street
Columbia, SC 29201