The UofSC COVID-19 Employee Emergency Relief Fund has been established to support staff who are experiencing temporary hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The fund provides limited financial assistance for employees who are unable to meet immediate, essential expenses.
At this time the fund is limited to staff only.
Student employees are not eligible. To view financial assistance information for students, please visit the Emergency Relief Fund for Students page.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be an active university staff member or have been recently separated because of lack of work due to COVID-19,
- Be employed by USC Columbia or Palmetto College Columbia Campus, and
- Have a temporary financial hardship because of the COVID-19 situation.
Temporary financial hardship means a hardship event rather than pre-existing financial concerns. Due to limited available funds, not all requests can be approved, even when a clear need for assistance is present.
Assistance is limited to $1,000 per employee.
Emergency funding is not guaranteed to all who apply. Funding is awarded on a case-by-case basis and is contingent upon availability of funds in the COVID-19 Employee Emergency Relief Fund account. Given the limited amount of funds available, requests may be fully funded up to a $1,000 limit, partially funded, or not funded at all.
Fill out the COVID-19 Employee Emergency Relief Fund Application electronically or print the form (PDF) and fill in manually. Be sure to sign and date the form to verify that the information is valid and accurate. Information provided by grant applicants will be treated as confidential and shared only with individuals directly involved in grant administration, processing, and tax reporting.
There are three options for completing this application:
- Print the document, complete it by hand and scan the application to COVID19Relief@mailbox.sc.edu.
- Complete the document electronically, save it as a PDF and email it to COVID19Relief@mailbox.sc.edu.
- Mail the completed application to the Division of Human Resources, 1600 Hampton Street, Suite 801, Columbia, SC 29208.
The completed application will be reviewed by the Hardship Committee. If an application is funded, a check will be disbursed at the earliest possible time.
Contributing to the fund is your opportunity to help university staff members. If you'd like to make a charitable contribution to the UofSC COVID-19 Employee Emergency Relief Fund, donating is fast and easy online.