Join the Leadership of South Carolina's Flagship University
Reporting to the President of the University of South Carolina System, the Vice President for System Affairs works strategically to provide greater access and capitalize on economies of scale to provide a broad range of high quality, affordable educational programs. The Vice President for System Affairs is not an oversight authority, but a member of the president’s staff.
Desired attributes of candidates include:
- A Ph.D. or a terminal degree and experience as an academic administrator leading a team of academicians and staff at a higher education institution in a university system.
- Understanding of trends and issues in higher education.
- Superb analytical, research, writing, advocacy and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to inspire trust, communicate effectively, and build relationships across system leadership, offices, and constituencies.
- Ability to build consensus and work as a team member.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle a significant and varied workload.
- Open, approachable interpersonal style with experience building consensus among peers, subordinates, and others throughout an organization.
- Confidence and the ability to take initiative.
- Respect for shared governance.
- Strong judgment and the ability to be both a confidant and a politically astute diplomat.
- Discretion and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters appropriately.
- The highest standard of personal ethics and integrity.
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.