The following checklists are provided for HR Contacts in academic and administrative units to use in preparing hiring documents for different categories of employment. If you need help navigating through the entire hiring process, please refer to our step by step guide to hiring [pdf] or our next steps guide [pdf].
- New Hire and Rehire – Greater Than 1 Year Checklist/Matrix [pdf]
- Rehire – Less Than 1 Year and Other Actions Checklist/Matrix [pdf]
If you have questions about the checklist or any of the steps for hiring, please contact HR Operations and Services by emailing email@example.com or calling 803-777-3111.
Disposing of Applicants
Before any hiring paperwork can be processed, the hiring manager must electronically dispose of all remaining applicants in the USC Jobs system.
- Change the status of all applicants not selected for an interview to “Not Hired”, Reason “Not Selected for an Interview.”
- Change the status of all interviewed applicants to “Interviewed” and provide the date of the interview. Then change the status of interviewees not hired to “Not Hired” along with the reason. Reasons must be based upon the position requirements and the qualifications of the candidate.
- Change status of the applicant selected for the position to “Offered.”
If you have any questions about disposing of applicants in the USC Jobs system, please contact the Recruitment and Employment Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 803-777-3821.