At UofSC we are building a community where all faculty and staff live well, work well and thrive. By providing you access to training classes that focus on a variety of health and wellness topics, we can help you improve your overall well-being and teach you how to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
The Organizational and Professional Development Office offers many training classes that provide in-depth information on a variety of health and wellness topics such as:
- Financial education
- Work/Life balance
- Communicating more effectively
- Healthy eating
- Time management
- Organizational skills
- Stress management
- Mind-Body connection
Browse our calendar or class list by subject to see a complete list of upcoming classes. For instructions on how to register for a course, please review “How to Register for a Course” by visiting the Training Classes page on our site.
In addition to the training classes that we provide on campus, there are also many online courses that are available through the university's Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Just log into mygroup.com using the username: USC and password: guest. Visit the Skill Builder Center for a complete list of classes. Some topics include:
- Appreciating Personality Differences
- Business Etiquette and Professionalism
- Estate Planning: Five Essential Documents
- Maximizing Your Day: Effective Time Management
- Recognizing a Troubled Employee
- Say What You Mean the Right Way: Healthy Forms of Communication
- Self-Care: Remaining Resilient
- The Art of Conflict Resolution
- Caring For Aging Parents
- Eating Your Way to Wellness
- Effective Communication
- Emotional Intelligence for Success
UofSC's EAP also hosts webinars that are based on a different personal development theme each month. Below is a list of upcoming seminars that may be accessed any time after the date listed. No registration is required.
- Free Yourself (available starting January 16)
- BFF (available starting February 20)
- Staying on Track (available starting March 20)
- Keep it Kind (available starting April 17)
- Life 101(available starting May 15)
- Rise Up! (available starting June 19)
- Grocery Run (available starting July 17)
- Ages & Stages(available starting August 21)
- GPS! (available starting September 18)
- Bounce Back (available starting October 16)
- Talking Together (available starting November 20)
- Just Ask (available starting December 18)
To access one of these seminars, or browse through the archives, log into mygroup.com using the username: USC and password: guest. Once you are logged in, scroll down and you will see "Online Seminars" on the right side of the page.