USC Jobs Online System Training
All full-time equivalent (FTE) classified and unclassified staff positions, research grant (RGP) and time-limited (TL) positions, and faculty (FTE) positions must be posted on USC Jobs.
Before you create your electronic posting, review these guidelines to ensure you are attracting the most qualified diverse pool of candidates.
- Make sure you are in the Applicant Tracking Module and log in as the appropriate user type to create the posting.
- Hover over the Postings tab and select the needed position type.
- Select Create New Posting.
- Select the option you would like to create the posting from. Staff (FTE, RGP, and TL) are required to create from Position Description.
- Locate the position description or classification you would like to advertise for by entering the title in the Keyword search area, or scroll down the page to locate the position.
- Hover over the action button to the right side of the position chosen and select Create From.
- Complete the tabs and required fields on the posting. All fields marked with an asterisk are required.
The Talent Acquisition Office will add supplemental questions related to education and experience related questions which are used for filtering out candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements.
When you have completed all required fields of the posting, submit it for approval via the appropriate personnel. Note: Please consult with your HR Contact to determine your departmental workflow and approval process.
Once approved, the designated user will submit the job posting to the Talent Acquisition Office to be advertised. If the designated approvers do not approve the posting or if the posting requires edits, it can be returned to the initiator of the posting.
All staff FTE positions are required to be posted for 7 calendar days, to include a minimum of 5 working days.
All faculty non-tenure-track and tenure -track positions are required to be posted for a minimum of 5 working days.
If you have specific questions or concerns about posting a job vacancy or the USC Jobs online system, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 803-777-3821.
Positions should be posted on the USC Jobs online system before being sent out to any other sources.
Departments may advertise in other sources with prior approval from the Office of Talent Acquisition for all staff FTE positions. Please be prepared to provide notification and documentation on the posting of the external sources that will be used as well as the advertisement language.
The Talent Acquisition Office attends local job fair events on behalf of the university. To explore these opportunities or for additional details about recruitment services and job sites, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at 803-777-3821 or email email@example.com.
All FTE employees employed by USC have been uploaded in the PeopleAdmin system, and have been granted the applicant reviewer and search committee role. If an additional user role needs to be granted to a user, please use Access/Removal Request to Human Resource Systems [pdf].
If you want to grant access to a user that is not listed as a USC employee, activate a Guest User account. When the posting is created, the user creating the posting will have the ability to activate a username and password that is generated in the system. This will allow guest users to access the system for the sole purpose of viewing applicants.