Skip to Content

Coronavirus: Get complete details about the university's response to COVID-19.

International Student Services

Transferring Your Immigration Record "In" or "Out" of the University of South Carolina

Are you transferring to another university in the United States? Are you accepted to USC and need to transfer your immigration record to us? Please see the instructions relevant to your situation, below.

In order to transfer your record, ISS needs two things:

  1. The Transfer Out Form completed by you. This form is available in our Forms Library.
  2. An admission letter to your new institution, which you will attach to the Transfer Out Form

ISS will release your immigration record to your new institution on the date you specify. 

In order to get your record transferred to USC, your current institution must release your record. Please initiate the transfer process with your current institution. In order to successfully transfer your record to USC, we need the following:

  1. You need to be successfully admitted to the University of South Carolina.
  2. Your previous institution needs to release your SEVIS record to University of South Carolina. If they need the University of South Carolina's school code, please contact

Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.